Dead or Alive is a simple speaking activity for teens and adults. In this activity, students think of three people, dead or alive, that they would like to have lunch with. Students first write a list of who they would like to have lunch with and tell the class or their partner why they would like to meet them. This activity can be useful for first classes as it is a great way to get to know a little about the interests of your students but also give them an opportunity to practice speaking. Aim: to get students to speak about people who interest them Level: Teens and adults (Lower intermediate +) Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- Tell students that you want them to think of three people, dead or alive, that they would like to have lunch with.
- To start, the teacher can give their list of three people to give a model to students. You should say who the people are and why you would like to meet them.
- You can use images to help students know who are on your list.
- Next, in pairs, students share who they would like to meet. After, ask for some volunteers to share their ideas.
- Get students to discuss where they would like to meet the people.
- What food would they like to eat?
- What country would do like to have the lunch?
- What would they talk about?