ESL Guess Who
ESL Guess Who is a fun interactive game to practice yes/no questions and describing people. In this game, one student selects a person and the rest of the class must ask questions to try and guess who the person is. This free interactive online game is fantastic for all ages and levels and sure to popular in class or on online classes.
How to play
- Put students into teams or pairs. One student/team needs to choose a ‘mystery person’ secretly.
- The other team/student then needs to ask ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ questions to determine who the mystery person is. If something is unclear the student can respond by saying ‘I can’t say that’.
- Question by question the team asking the questions must eliminate people from the board by clicking on them to hid them if they think they are not the mystery person.
Useful Language to play ESL Guess WhoIs your person …
… wearing glasses?
… wearing earrings?
… wearing a hat?
… looking upwards?
… looking downwards?
… looking sideways? (to the left or to the right)
… looking ahead? (into your eyes)
… a male/female?
… European, White, Black/African-American?
… old, young/middle-aged?
Does your person …
.. have blue eyes? (or brown, green, blueish-green, grey)
… have blond hair? (curly, straight, long, short, medium-length)
… have no hair?
… have a beard?
… have a moustache?
… have bushy eyebrows?
… have tiny/large ears?
… have a huge nose?
… have a pointed chin?
… have a longish/round face?
… have a broad smile?
… have glasses?
Unique elements to this game
- There are over 150 different characters which means every time you play students will have a unique and different experience.
- We have chosen over 50 of the most common names in the English language so students can practice pronunciation of common English names.
Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel