Scattagories for Kids!
This version of Scattergories is designed especially for kids or lower level English learners. This simple no-prep warmer/cooler is a fun way to get students thinking in class. Simply choose a letter and then start the timer. Students have 2 minutes to think of a word for each of the eight categories. The winning team is the group with the most answers!
How to use Scattagories for Kids!
How to play
- To play scattergories, first, put students in teams or groups of 2 or 3. Each group will require a piece of paper to write down their answers.
- Next, click “choose” a letter. This is the letter that each word must start with for each category.
- When everyone is ready, click on “Start Timer”. Students have 120 seconds to try and think of a word for each category.
- When the time is up, the teams swap papers and check each other’s answers. The team with the most valid words in each category gets a point (giving a maximum of three points available each round).
- For subsequent rounds, repeat with a different starting letter.
- The team with the most points at the end of the game wins.
ESL Scattergories! – Want to play this game is higher level students? Try out other version of this game
Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel