Discover more vocabulary activities
ESL Say It!
– A simple no prep warmer/cooler or quick break for students. In this activity students have to say a word from a category that begins with a letter.
ESL Guess Who
– Practice describing people with this fun online game.
– A simple quick fire vocabulary game. How many words can you guess in 90 seconds?
– Get class started with this fun vocabulary challenge. In this game students try and guess what the nine letter word is while also making words using the letters and the key letter. The team with the most words and points will win!
Learn to tell the time
– Practice reading the setting the time with this fun interactive game to practice telling the time.
– A classic quick thinking vocabulary where students need to think of vocabulary quickly to get the most words beginning with a letter.
Scattagories for Kids!
– Now play with young learner and lower level students in this simplified version of our classic game.
– Name 5! is a simple no prep vocabulary warmer. In this activity students need to say a number of words based on a range of topics. Can your students beat the clock!
– Students need to say 3 words from a random category in 5 seconds to score a point.
2 Pictures 1 Compound
– Can you guess the closed compounds nouns from the pictures? Practice guessing the compounds nouns with this fun interactive game.
Interactive Board Games
– Practice speaking, grammar and vocabulary with these interactive online board games. New board games added regularly.
ESL Vocabulary Fortunes
– An online game for teens and adults that is a great way to practice vocabulary on a large number of topics.
Animal Vocabulary Games
– Practice animals with these four interactive online games. These fun games are a great way to revise animal vocabulary with your students.
– Get your students making and telling stories with this fun online story tool.
– Practice vocabulary and spelling with countdown.
Anagram Word Game
– A simple word game. Suitable for teens and adults with an intermediate and above level of English.
ESL Category Generator
– Generate categories to get your students practicing vocabulary. Great activity to be used with a ball or in online classes to get students thinking at the start of class as a warmer.
Trivia Quiz Generator
– Generate quizzes quickly with this simple tool. Ideal for teens and adults intermediate and above.
Random Letter Generator
– Generate random letters from the alphabet with this simple letter generating tool.
ESL Idiom Generator
– Generate over 100 of the most common English language idioms. Get students to draw or mime out the idioms as a way to introduce them to the most common idioms in English.
Random Noun Generator
– Randomly generate over 200 of the most common nouns in the English Language. Great for Pictionary and other end of the class coolers.
– A quick fire word game where students explain as many words as they can within the time limit.
– Automatically generate words from three different levels of difficulty and play Pictionary with your students in a flash.
– Boggle is a great warmer that can be used in the classroom. With this online version get students writing words to be the top of the class.
ESL Quizzes – Our Quizzes are a great way to end class and practice key vocabulary for a wide range of themes. Check back regularly as we are adding new quizzes regularly.