Have a fun end to the first term with this ESL Christmas quiz. This quiz is suitable to teens and adults with and Intermediate + level.
The ESL Christmas quiz should take at least 35 minutes and is sure to put your students into the christmas mood.
The quiz is broken up into 3 rounds.
is a christmas themed general knowledge quiz which tests students knowledge of christmas. Its not easy and should get students thinking.
is a Christmas vocabulary round where students have to remember as many words shown in the picture as they can. Another tricky round that is sure to challenge your students.
Is the last round and tests students knowledge of Christmas songs. Students have to write the name of the Christmas songs in English. An internet connection is required. You should not display this section on the screen to the class. Instead you should use the ‘freeze/pause’ function on your projector if you have it so students do not see the name of the songs. When you correct their answers you can unfreeze the projector.
Click here to download a copy of the power point for offline use
As ever, happy Christmas to you all and a happy and productive New Year. If you are looking for more Christmas themed ideas don’t forget to check out last years ideas here.
Updated November 8 2018.
Find more games and activities on our YouTube Channel
More Christmas activities
Discover more Christmas activities for kids, teens and adults.
Christmas Worksheets and Printables
– Christmas worksheets and Printables that can be used in classroom to reinforce vocabulary, practice problem solving and bring some festive cheer.
4 Christmas Ideas
– Here you will find a collection of four Christmas ideas for young learners, teens and adults.
ESL Christmas Tongue Twisters
– A collection of Christmas tongue twisters to practice pronunciation with young learners and teen and even adults.
ESL Christmas Charades
– This activity is a great no-prep game for teens and adults to practice Christmas vocabulary.
Christmas Story Recall
– In this activity, students watch/listen to a short Christmas story and then they try and rewrite/tell the story later.
Just a minute Christmas Challenge
– In this activity students need to speak about a Christmas photo for one minute. This activity is great for teens and adults who are preparing for the B1 Exam (PET).
ESL Christmas Debate
– In this activity, students have a debate on different statements related to Christmas. This activity is great for teens and adults with a higher level.