Brain Blaster is a game of chance and divergent thinking. This game is a great team game and can be used with young learners, teens and adults. Students are given a category and then roll a dice. Whatever number they get when they roll the dice, they must give that number of answers and get a point for each correct answer.Aim: Practice quick thinking and vocabulary in English. Materials: A large dice (a small one will do or use our online dice), a list of topics (see below) Level: Teens and adults (Lower intermediate +) in groups or as a whole class. Time: 10 minutes +
- Put students into teams.
- Write a category (see below for examples) on the board.
- The first team rolls the dice and whatever number they get they need to supply that many answers. For example, if the topic is colours and they roll a 3 they must provide 3 colours.
- Each team then rolls the dice and provides their answer. Each correct answer is given a point. They must not repeat the same answers as the other teams.
- If a team cannot answer they lose a point for each item unanswered.
- The first team to reach ‘20’ points are the winners.